Multi-disciplined Inspection Technician (180 Day Offshore Contract)
- Centurion UK Rentals & Services
- Aberdeen, UK
Main Purpose of Role
To carry out statutory thorough examinations of lifting equipment & perform NDT inspections in accordance with relevant legislative standards, CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT procedures and client procedures where applicable. The most commonly used regulations for lifting equipment are: Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) and The Merchant Shipping and Fishing Vessels (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment) Regulations 2006, other regulations may apply depending on the geographical location; Rope access skills are an integral part of this role.
Main Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out statutory thorough examinations on lifting equipment in accordance with relevant legislative standards, CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT procedures and client procedures where applicable.
- To perform NDT works as required and in accordance with relevant standards, CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT procedures and client procedures where applicable; MPI, DPI, ET & UT - welds / machined/cast parts / thickness checks.
- To perform Dropped Object Surveys & Sweeps.
- Access areas via Rope Access as needed, ensuring safe practices and CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT procedures/Risk Assessments are followed.
- To take the lead on inspection scopes when required, liaising with the customer & CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT office directly.
- Create all job specific CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT documents as required & submit in a timely manner, ensuring details are correct.
- Actively look to ‘problem solve’ whilst on the job.
- To report on the condition of all inspected items using the CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT lifting database in a clear and concise manner, ensuring all details are correct.
- To report on the findings of all NDT inspections using CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT reporting software in a clear concise manner, ensuring all details are correct.
- To report the findings from Dropped Object Surveys/Sweeps using CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT documents, ensuring all Potential Dropped Objects are removed immediately in a safe and secure manner, and secondary retention methods installed.
- Follow up works to remove redundant equipment may be required as per client request.
- To formally report all defects/indications found in a timely manner at the end of each shift; Or where the defect poses an immediate danger verbally report immediately, then formally in writing.
- Carry out load testing when required in line with CENTURION POWER & EQUIPMENT or client procedures, including pre/post test NDT.
- Only carry out inspections, and testing of equipment within assigned competencies.
- Only carry out NDT techniques for qualifications held.
- Carry out all duties in a safe and professional manner.
- Carry out on site risk assessments prior to commencing work.
- Ensure all required permits are in place before commencing work.
- Ensure worksite is kept in a safe condition and left tidy at the end of each shift.
- Attend safety meetings/workshops as required by your manager or the client.
- Attend job briefings and debriefings as required by your manager or the client.
- Attend training course/workshops as required by your manager or the client.
- Complete online courses/inductions as required by your manager or the client.
- Carry out work at client’s site where required and follow all reasonable safety and behavioral requirements of that site.
- Report any safety issues/incidents, conflicts or major defects found on critical equipment to your line manager as soon as possible.
- Worldwide travel to client sites and assets as required.
- The job holder may be required to carry out any other related or associated roles, tasks or duties, which they can be trained, instructed and supervised to do safely and according to changing business requirements.