- Centurion UK Rentals & Services
- Aberdeen, UK
Main Purpose of role:
Carries out general labouring and tank cleaning operations working outside in all weathers; carries out tank inspection and painting work. All according to instructions from Supervisor and complying with company approved QHSE policies and procedures.
Main Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeping yard clean, tidy and orderly at all times to allow safe movement of personnel and equipment
- Carries out tank cleaning after visual inspection of external and internal condition of chemical tanks or on supervisor instruction/documentation; this task requires working at height and wearing fall arrest harness plus opening/closing man lids (approx. 17 kgs; hinged) and grating covers; this also requires wearing of company approved masks to prevent splashing/inhalation of mists/fumes; no confined entry or internal tank work required; Follows approved company procedures at all times.
- Carries out Visual/physical tank checks and reports defects/requirements to Supervisor; completes all required documentation on Tanks returned detailing damage sustained or that the tank has been returned in an unacceptable condition.
- Carries out any tank painting and stencilling as required and instructed.
- Responsible for ensuring tasks are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with applicable company procedures
- Ensure allocated equipment, tools etc are used in a safe and correct manner and not subject to misuse
- The job holder may be required to carry out any other related or associated roles, tasks or duties, which they can be trained, instructed and supervised to do safely and according to changing business requirements.